Mocha Chocolate Puddings
Posted on July 08 2019
If your anything like us at Rock Olive we love our winter warmers and our warm desserts. Below we have the yummiest recipe for Mocha Chocolate puddings, a perfect dessert for a winter night.
- 3/4 Cup (156G) Caster Sugar
- 1 Cup Self-Raising Flour
- 1/4 Cup Dutch Cocoa
- 60G Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups boiling water
- Double cream, to serve
- 3/4 Cup (135G) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Instant Coffee
- 2 Teaspoons dutch cocoa
- 1 Cup (250ML) water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Lightly grease 4 x 1½-cup-capacity (375ml) ovenproof cups or ramekins.
- Place the caster sugar, flour and 2 tablespoons of the cocoa in a large bowl. Add the butter, milk, vanilla and egg and whisk to combine. Spoon into the prepared cups and sprinkle over the dark brown sugar and remaining cocoa.
- Place the cups on a baking tray and pour ½ cup (125ml) of the boiling water over each pudding. Place in the oven and cook for 20–25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- While the puddings are cooking, make the syrup. Place the sugar, coffee, cocoa and water in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 8 minutes or until syrupy. Set aside to cool slightly. Serve the puddings with cream and the mocha syrup. Serves 4.
Recipe and image from Donna Hay at: https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/desserts-and-baking/self-saucing-mocha-chocolate-puddings