If your anything like us at Rock Olive we love our winter warmers and our warm desserts. Below we have the yummiest recipe for Mocha Chocolate puddings, a perfect dessert for a winter night.
- 3/4 Cup (156G) Caster Sugar
- 1 Cup Self-Raising Flour
- 1/4 Cup Dutch Cocoa
- 60G Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups boiling water
- Double cream, to serve
- 3/4 Cup (135G) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Instant Coffee
- 2 Teaspoons dutch cocoa
- 1 Cup (250ML) water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Lightly grease 4 x 1½-cup-capacity (375ml) ovenproof cups or ramekins.
- Place the caster sugar, flour and 2 tablespoons of the cocoa in a large bowl. Add the butter, milk, vanilla and egg and whisk to combine. Spoon into the prepared cups and sprinkle over the dark brown sugar and remaining cocoa.
- Place the cups on a baking tray and pour ½ cup (125ml) of the boiling water over each pudding. Place in the oven and cook for 20–25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- While the puddings are cooking, make the syrup. Place the sugar, coffee, cocoa and water in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 8 minutes or until syrupy. Set aside to cool slightly. Serve the puddings with cream and the mocha syrup. Serves 4.
Recipe and image from Donna Hay at: https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/desserts-and-baking/self-saucing-mocha-chocolate-puddings